Have you been injured in a trucking accident? If so, you are not alone. Thousands of people are injured in accidents involving large trucks each day in California. Because injuries sustained in trucking accidents tend to be severe, you need an experienced network of physicians and attorneys to support you through this crisis. You also need immediate problems solved, such as a rental car, a hospital bed, and straight answers to questions like what’s going to happen at work, will insurance pay for my medical treatment, how long is all of this going to take, and who are the insurers that are liable to pay for all of this damage? The Levinson Law Group, headed by Gordon R. Levinson, fights against big insurance companies and trucking companies to protect those who are injured through the negligence of another party. For your free consultation, call 1-866-643-HURT (4878) today. “We accept cases on a contingent fee. That means that if there is no recovery in your case you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance the costs.”
Trucking accidents result in serious and severe injuries for the passengers of the other vehicle due to the sheer size of the vehicle involved. A tractor truck, even traveling at a moderate rate of speed, rips through a passenger vehicle causing catastrophic property damage and physical injuries. The common causes of trucking accidents include problems with the drivers to issues with the truck itself and the items being hauled.
Common Causes of Trucking Accidents in California
Our experienced trucking accident attorneys understand that you or your family member is likely suffering from severe and maybe permanent injuries due to the trucking accident. Common causes of trucking accidents are often related to the driver; however, there are other causes that are related to the load or to the truck itself.
Common causes of trucking accidents include but are not limited to:
- Driver fatigue – Drivers will often drive longer hours than they should or drive with very little sleep. This can result in drives falling asleep at the wheel or making errors due to being fatigued.
- Distracted driving – Cell phones and other forms of technology are a huge distraction that causes many truck accidents. Also eating, drinking and reading are other distractions that can cause a trucking accident.
- Driving while intoxicated – Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol is a problem in the trucking industry just as it is in the general public.
- Excessive speed – Driving recklessly or at excessive speeds cause many accidents.
- Unsafe trucks and trailers – Trucks and trailers that are not properly maintained can result in an accident. Defective products or improper repairs also cause accidents.
- Improperly loaded contents or shifting loads – If loads are not properly loaded, they can shift during transit throwing the truck off-balance causing an accident.
Regardless of the common causes of trucking accidents, the fact remains that victims are tragically injured due to the negligence of drivers, trucking companies and others. You or your family member is suffering from the physical injuries but there are also financial burdens that you must address. Our attorneys can help you receive the compensation that you deserve for your injuries. Common damages you can claim in a trucking accident case include but may not be limited to:
- Past and future lost wages
- Past and future medical expenses
- Funeral expenses (in the case of a death)
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Lost earning capacity
- Punitive damages (in some cases)