How Soon Can The Injured Person Begin Receiving Compensation For Loss Of Income?

Have you been injured in an automobile accident? Are you having trouble paying your bills due to a loss of income? If so, you have the right to be compensated for your loss of income from the negligent party who caused your accident. The Levinson Law Group can help you get reimbursement for your loss of income by holding the person who caused your accident accountable for his or her negligent acts.

If you are worried because you do not have the money to pay an attorney, we can help you with that too. We accept cases on a contingent fee. That means that if there is no recovery in your case you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance the costs. For your free consultation, call 1-866-643-HURT (4878) today. You do not need to try to handle this alone. Let our experienced personal injury attorneys get you the compensation you deserve.

Suing a Negligent Party for Loss of Income

In many cases, our attorneys are able to settle an automobile accident claim without the necessity of going to court; however, we are always prepared to file a lawsuit if necessary to get justice for our clients. As part of your personal injury claim, we will seek reimbursement for all loss of income. If you are unable to return to work permanently, the claim for loss of income will include an amount for your anticipated future wages. If you are able to return to work but you are unable to earn the same amount of money as before the accident due to your injuries, the claim for loss of income will include an amount for decreased earning capacity.

Unfortunately, you will not receive compensation for your loss of income until your case is settled or until a jury renders a verdict after a trial. There is no provision for you to receive a partial settlement for loss of income while the claim is being litigated. This makes it very difficult for families who depend on the injured party’s income to pay living expenses and bills. Even though you cannot receive compensation from the at-fault party, you may be able to receive disability income.

Private and State Disability for Loss of Income

If you have a private disability insurance policy, you may be entitled to receive benefits for your loss of income from your private insurance carrier. If you do not have private disability insurance, the State of California provides short-term disability benefits to eligible California workers who experience a loss of income due to “a non-industrial injury, illness or pregnancy related condition.” To see if you qualify and to get more information, visit the California State Disability Insurance (SDI) program’s website and contact our office to schedule a free consultation so that we may begin to fight for your right to receive compensation from the negligent party.

Categories: Car Accidents
Injured? Let Us Call You About Your Case

or call us at (760) 642-5475