Have you been injured in a motorcycle crash? Did a car turn in front of you causing you to crash your motorcycle? Is the insurance company for the other driver pushing to you accept a quick settlement? If so, you need to consult the motorcycle accidents lawyers of The Levinson Law Group. Gordon R. Levinson of The Levinson Law Group understands how big insurance companies work because he used to represent them. Now Gordon uses his knowledge of the insurance industry to represent accident victims to fight for a fair and just settlement for their injuries.
For your free consultation call (760) 642-5475 today. We accept cases on a contingent fee. That means that if there is no recovery in your case you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance the costs. Motorcycle accidents cause serious, traumatic injuries each day in California and throughout the United States. We must take a stand against the causes of motorcycle accidents and help these victims get relief they need by hold the at-fault driver responsible for the injuries.
Do’s and Don’ts of Motorcycle Accident Claims
- Accepting a settlement from the insurance company too soon – The insurance company for the at-fault driver will try to get you to accept an insurance settlement as soon as possible after the accident. The insurance company does not want you to consult with motorcycle accidents lawyers because it knows the attorney will advise you to take more time to make sure you know the full extent of your injuries before accepting a settlement. By accepting an insurance settlement early, you may receive less than you are entitled to receive under California personal injury laws.
- Providing a statement and/or signing a medical release – This is another tactic insurance companies use to hurt your personal injury claim. The adjuster will request that you provide a written and/or recorded statement to “verify the facts” of your claim. The adjuster will also request that you sign a medical release to “verify your injuries” so the company can pay your claim. These requests sound perfectly reasonable; however, you are making a mistake if you do this without consulting with motorcycle accident lawyers. The insurance company is searching for information it can use against you later in your case. The medical release likely gives the insurance company access to all of your medical records rather than just the accident records. The statement may include questions that are used to elicit response that can be misinterpreted. You should never sign any release or provide a statement without consulting with an attorney.
- Failing to follow doctor’s orders – If you fail to follow the doctor’s orders and/or fail to show up for appointments, the insurance company can argue your injuries must not be as severe as you claim or you made your injuries worse because you failed to do follow doctor’s orders. It is crucial that you follow all of your doctor’s orders and go to each doctor’s appointment. This includes going for diagnostic testing, if necessary.
- Using Social Media – Social media posts are not private regardless of your security settings. Posts have a way of making it into the public domain. Even if your posts are not public, the attorney for the insurance company can subpoena your social media accounts to read what you have posted. Never discuss the motorcycle crash or your injuries on social media.
- Failing to hire an attorney right after the motorcycle accident – Motorcycle accidents lawyers conduct a thorough accident investigation as soon as possible to identify and preserve key evidence in addition to interviewing witnesses before memories fade. You want to give your attorney as much time as possible to perform the investigation before he or she needs to negotiate with the insurance company. Furthermore, motorcycle accidents lawyers protect you from aggressive insurance companies, adjusters, and defense attorneys. We have your best interest as our top priority.