The holiday season is one of the most anticipated times of the year for many people, but because so many people travel during this time, it can also be one of the riskiest times of the year for drivers.
Not surprisingly, because there are more cars on the road, the odds of getting into an accident increase, especially during peak travel days and times.
Most notably, alcohol consumption contributes to holiday auto accidents.
Data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reveals that the number of deaths caused by drunk driving increases dramatically during certain times of the year, including during the summer and around the holiday season. In fact, during December, an average of 45 fatalities involving an alcohol-impaired driver occur each day. The NHTSA has found that young drivers between the ages of 21 and 24 have the highest level of involvement in alcohol-impaired driving.
If your holiday party plans include alcohol, make sure that you designate a driver before you begin drinking, or, have the Levinson Law Group pay for your cab ride on designated holidays.
We are are passionate advocates for decreasing drunk driving fatalities. Because of this, we offer free cab rides to prevent drunk driving accidents on the holidays.
How it Works
The program is simple.
Make the right choice and take a taxi or use a ride sharing service if you have been drinking and we will reimburse you for the ride through PayPal.
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Cinco De Mayo
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Eve and Day
- New Years Eve and Day
- Riders must be in the Carlsbad metro area
- Rides must be taken between 5pm on the day of the holiday and 10am the next morning
- You must be 21+ to participate
- Valid for one, one-way ride to a safe destination
- Limit of one reimbursement per household
- Maximum value of $30
- The maximum value includes a tip up to 10%. Anything above that will not be reimbursed
- Participation is limited to the first 200 submissions.
- Within 7 days of end date, a receipt, photocopy of valid driver’s license, and PayPal associated email address must be sent to:
No DWI Free Holiday Rides
Levinson Law Group
5927 Balfour Court Suite 201,
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Ride safe, everybody!