Encinitas Car Accident Lawyer
Have you been seriously injured in an Encinitas car accident? Are you dealing with the financial repercussions of another driver’s negligence? Are you wondering if there is anything you can do to hold the at-fault driver accountable? If so, you need an attorney who takes your case as seriously as you do. You need a lawyer with a reputation for working hard on behalf of his clients. You need a lawyer familiar with the insurance companies’ tricks and knows how to call them out.
We are the Levinson Law Group, an Encinitas personal injury law firm with extensive experience working with injured clients in all types of car accidents. Unlike most other personal injury firms in the area, at the Levinson Law Group, we only handle car accident claims. Our narrow focus means we have extensive experience, knowledge, and skill in car accident claims, giving us an edge over competitors who take any case that comes through the door. To learn more about your options, give the Levinson Law Group a call. We accept cases on a contingent fee. That means that if there is no recovery in your case, you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance all litigation costs.
Encinitas Car Accidents
Car accidents are a leading cause of serious injury and death in Encinitas. The California Office of Traffic Safety maintains a database of all motor vehicle accidents. According to the most recent information from 2018, there were 168 car accidents that injured or killed an occupant. Of those, 32 involved alcohol, 26 involved bicyclists and 13 involved motorcyclists. While these numbers are undoubtedly high, according to the data, Encinitas is one of the safer California cities, ranking sixth out of 102 incorporated cities of approximately the same size.
Causes of Encinitas Car Accidents
Car accidents do not just happen; they are almost always caused by driver error. It only takes a single wrong decision to cause an Encinitas car accident.
The following are among the leading causes of Encinitas car accidents:
- Aggressive driving: Aggressive driving includes behaviors like speeding, frequent lane-changes, cutting in and out of traffic, failing to signal when turning, running stop signs and red lights, and reckless driving. Aggressive drivers often view themselves as “better” drivers than most and think that if they pay close attention to the road, they can drive however they want. This arrogance, however, leads to dozens of Encinitas car accidents each year.
- Distracted driving: Distracted driving describes any behavior that removes the driver’s attention from the road, including talking or texting on the phone, eating and drinking, dealing with children in the back seat, grooming, daydreaming, and fiddling with the radio or GPS. Even a momentary distraction can lead to a serious car accident.
- Impaired driving: Despite government efforts over the past several decades to curb drunk and drugged driving, drivers continue to get behind the wheel when they are impaired. Impaired driving significantly impacts a motorist’s ability to drive safely, increasing their reaction time and impacting their ability to make sound decisions.
- Drowsy driving: Today, more than ever before, people are extremely busy. Many drivers feel they have no choice but to drive although they are tired. However, drowsy driving is dangerous and puts everyone else on the road at risk.
Drivers owe a duty of care to others on the road. When a driver’s negligent actions cause another’s injuries, the at-fault party can be held financially liable. At the Levinson Law Firm, we have extensive experience handling all types of Encinitas car accidents and know what it takes to hold negligent drivers accountable for their actions.
Damages in an Encinitas Car Accident Lawsuit
Motorists who successfully bring an Encinitas car accident can recover money damages for the injuries they suffered in the accident. These are referred to as compensatory damages. California personal injury law divides compensatory damages into two categories: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages include payment for:
- Past and future medical expenses;
- Lost wages;
- Decreased earning capacity; and
- Any other out-of-pocket expenses, such as transportation to and from doctor’s appointments.
Non-economic damages include compensation for:
- Pain and suffering;
- Emotional distress;
- Disability or disfigurement;
- Loss of enjoyment of life; and
- Loss of consortium.
At the Levinson Law Group, we can identify the full extent of your damages to help you hold the negligent driver responsible for your injuries fully accountable for the harm they caused.
Contact a Respected Encinitas Car Accident Lawyer
If you recently suffered serious injuries in an Encinitas car accident, give the dedicated personal injury lawyers a call at the Levinson Law Group. Our skilled Encinitas injury lawyers focus their practice solely on auto accidents, giving us an unrivaled depth of experience. We understand that you may be hesitant to file a claim, and we are not here to “sell” you on doing bringing a claim. We are here to inform you of your rights so you can make the best decision for your family.
When you work with the Levinson Law Group, you can rest assured that you will have someone in your corner throughout the entire process. To learn more about your options, give the Levinson Law Group a call at 760-827-1700. We accept cases on a contingent fee.
That means that if there is no recovery in your case, you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance the costs.