San Diego Neck Injury From Bike Accident Lawyer
Have you or a loved one been involved in a San Diego bike accident with a car? Are you struggling with a concussion? Were you diagnosed with spinal cord injuries? Are you having difficulty walking? Require surgery? Are you worried about how you are going to pay your medical bills and other expenses?
At The Levinson Law Group, we have the answers to those questions and any others you may have. We provide straightforward answers, practical solutions and work with you as a team. You are never alone when we take your case.
Neck Injury From Bike Accidents
Neck injuries are very common in San Diego bike accidents and can a long time to resolve. An injured cyclist may not be aware of a neck injury until they start to feel something is wrong. This can make it challenging to be sure what caused the neck pain.
For this reason, an injured cyclist needs to get checked out by a doctor as quickly as possible after a San Diego bike accident. Neck injuries are common in bike accidents. It is crucial to remember that whiplash sustained in a bike accident can be covering a more serious injury such as a concussion, spinal injuries or traumatic brain injury.
Your body may display several symptoms after being in a San Diego bike accident, and many of them may center around the spine. Some of the most common symptoms include:
- Pain in your arms, upper back or shoulders
- Blurred vision
- Memory issues
- Your ears ring
- Tingling and/or numbness in the arms
- Headaches that start at the base of the skull
- The range of motion in the neck is decreased or absent
- Neck pain is worse when the neck is moved
Neck and Other Soft Tissue Injury Myths
People do not understand a silent and unseen injury such as whiplash or other neck, back, and spinal injuries. Many myths surround these types of injuries. Those myths include, but are not limited to:
- They are only soft tissue injuries.
- The spine and lower back are not affected by whiplash.
- The cyclist did not complain at the time of the accident, so the injury is minor.
- A soft tissue injury and can heal fully in 6-8 weeks.
- Whiplash may only need two months or so of chiropractic treatment to realign the spine.
- The cyclist only had a minor injury, but they wanted a big settlement.
- The claimant had a pre-existing neck injury or disc disease and the pain is due to that condition and not related to the bike accident.
What to do after a San Diego Bike Accident
In the aftermath of an accident, you may be too overwhelmed to know what happened and what to do next. However, there are essential steps you should take to ensure you are safe and that you have all the information you need to help you in a possible future lawsuit. Below is a list of things to do after a crash:
- Call 911.
- Do not remove your helmet to prevent further injury.
- Wait for the police and paramedics to arrive.
- If you are able, exchange the contact information and insurance information with everyone involved in the accident.
- Take photos of the accident scene and your injuries.
- Get the contact information from any witnesses to the collision.
- Obtain medical attention. Keep all records of your visits, treatment and surgeries.
- Contact a personal injury attorney as soon as possible to discuss your case and your injuries.
California’s Comparative Fault Law
California follows a comparative fault system of liability and maintains most accidents are not just one person’s fault. Instead, both parties may have contributed to the incident. While they may not have been at fault, they may have been able to do something different to avoid being injured. In a situation where the plaintiff and a defendant are both deemed to be at fault to varying degrees, the court reduces the amount of damages payable to the plaintiff by the percentage for which they were at fault.
The vehicle accident lawyers at The Levinson Law Group have over 40 years of experience helping accident victims hold negligent drivers accountable for their actions. We take the time to identify the full extent of your damages to ensure that your family is fairly compensated for what they have been through.
Contact The Levinson Law Group Today
If you or a loved one were involved in a San Diego bike accident and sustained a neck injury, reach out to The Levinson Law Group attorneys right away. At The Levinson Law Group, our dedicated team of bike accident lawyers is here to help. If you have questions about the recovery process, we can answer them. We make sure you are informed so you can make the best decision for yourself and your family.
When you decide to work with The Levinson Law Group, we are in your corner throughout the entire process. To learn more about your options, call our office at 760-827-1700. We accept cases on a contingent fee. That means that if there is no recovery in your case, you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance the costs.