Lyft Accident at San Diego International Airport Lawyer
Have you or a loved one been injured in a Lyft accident? Were you on the way to the San Diego International Airport and got in a collision with a Lyft driver?
When accidents happen, you may be feeling overwhelmed and confused in the aftermath of a Lyft accident. At The Levinson Law Group, we understand how you feel and know how to deal with Lyft. Determining fault is often a complex issue, so you will need skilled legal counsel to help you seek justice. Our San Diego Lyft accident lawyers are dedicated to helping you hold those at fault for your accident accountable.
What Is Lyft?
Lyft was first launched in June 2012. Lyft is a matching ride platform where passengers can hail drivers looking for a rider.
Lyft drivers do not have the same licensing requirements as taxicab or limo drivers. Lyft drivers drive their own vehicles and are considered independent contractors.
The San Diego International Airport is a busy place where accidents can and do happen frequently. Most common accidents include rear-end crashes, collisions with airport transportation or accidents with Lyft vehicles.
What Happens After a Lyft Car Accident
Lyft is regarded as a commercial common carrier, also called a transportation network company, which means the drivers do not work for the company directly. Drivers are referred to as independent contractors. This is one factor that makes filing a personal injury accident claim involving a Lyft driver more complicated.
If you have been in a Lyft accident at the San Diego International Airport, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the Lyft driver’s work insurance, the driver’s personal vehicle insurance and/or another at-fault driver’s insurance.
The Levinson Law Group has vast experience dealing with Lyft accidents and can answer any question you may have about filing a claim, who will take care of your medical costs, and how your injuries may affect you and your ability to work. We will fight
Lyft Insurance Policy
Lyft advertises its 1 million dollar insurance coverage extensively. However, depending on the circumstances of an accident, the insurance policy may not be fully available. What insurance policy kicks in after an accident involving Lyft will be determined by various factors.
Lyft’s insurance policy provides a few types of coverage. Insurance coverage depends on when the accident occurred. The ride-share experience is broken down into four periods:
- Period 0: The Lyft app is off, and the driver is using their car for personal purposes.
- Period 1: The Lyft app is open, and the driver is waiting for a ride request.
- Period 2: The Lyft app has matched the driver with a passenger, and the driver is en route to pick up the passenger.
- Period 3: The Lyft driver has a passenger in the vehicle.
Lyft Policy Coverage
For passengers of a Lyft, Period 3 is the only relevant portion. During Period 3, Lyft provides the following insurance coverage:
- $1,000,000 in third-party liability
- $1,000,000 in uninsured/underinsured motorist protection
Regardless of whether the Lyft driver is at fault or a third-party is at fault, Lyft’s insurance policy will provide up to $1 million in coverage, either through UIM coverage or third-party liability coverage.
Common Lyft Accident Injuries at the San Diego International Airport
Numerous injuries are possible from a car accident involving a Lyft at the San Diego International Airport. The most common injuries include:
- Internal injuries – Affect internal organs and may result in internal bleeding.
- Herniated discs – Affect the spine and may result in surgery.
- Joint damage, broken or fractured bones – The most common injury sites include the ankles, pelvis, hips, forearm, shoulders, knees, wrists and spine. Soft tissues, muscles, ligaments and, tendons may also be seriously damaged.
- Neck injuries and whiplash – On impact, the head moves abruptly, typically resulting in whiplash. Whiplash also causes damage to spinal discs, neck ligaments and muscles.
- Spinal cord injuries – These may result in paralysis and vary depending on the damage location and whether the spinal cord is partially or completely severed.
- Brain injuries and traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) result from your head hitting an object or being hit by an airbag as it deploys.
- Burns – Fires cause serious burns and deep tissue damage and may result in disfigurement, scarring and restricted movement. Lung damage can be a result of inhaling smoke at the accident scene.
- Shoulder injuries – Passengers can sustain a dislocated shoulder or brachial plexus injury that affects the spinal cord nerves, shoulder, arm, and leg.
Contact The Levinson Law Group Today
If you or a loved one were involved in a Lyft accident at the San Diego International Airport, reach out to The Levinson Law Group attorneys right away. At The Levinson Law Group, our dedicated team of Lyft car accident lawyers is here to help.
If you have questions about the recovery process, we can answer them. If you are not sure you want to bring a case against the other driver, we will not pressure you. We only want to make sure that you are informed so you may make the best decision for yourself and your family.
When you decide to work with The Levinson Law Group, rest assured that you have someone in your corner throughout the entire process. We accept cases on a contingent fee. That means that if there is no recovery in your case, you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance the costs. To learn more about your options, call The Levinson Law Group at 760-827-1700.