Traffic Collision Report: San Diego State Police Department
Have you been involved in a serious car accident that was responded to by the San Diego Police Department? If so, we recommend that you request a copy of your traffic collision report.
Victims of serious vehicle accidents often face significant financial hardship caused by medical bills and lost wages, in addition to injuries sustained from the wreck. The police accident report has vital information that will support your case and help you retrieve the maximum compensation for your suffering.
In this article, we’ll explain the different ways you can obtain a copy of your San Diego Police Department accident report.
How to Request a Copy of your San Diego Police Accident Report
According to the City of San Diego official website, you may request a copy of your report in-person, over the phone, online, or via a U.S. mail request.
Requesting Your Report In-Person
Head over to the records counter at the San Diego Police Department:
San Diego Police Department Records Department
San Diego, CA 92101
The Records counter is open Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4pm. Make sure to bring valid government issued identification and a method of payment.
Requesting Your Report Over the Phone
To request your report over the phone, call the San Diego Records Department at 619 531-2846. You may call anytime Monday through Friday, 8am to 4pm.
Requesting (and Receiving) Your Non-Injury Report Online
If you choose to request your non-injury accident report online, you must click the LexisNexis eCrash image link on San Diego’s Traffic Accident Reports page. You must input the following information to access your accident report online:
- Your report number.
- Your last name.
- The date of your accident.
Requesting (and Receiving) Your Report Through the Mail
You may mail in a written request to the San Diego Police Records Department via U.S. mail. You must include the following:
- Your case number
- Your accident details
- A check or money order issued for the $12.00 processing fee payable to the City Treasurer
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Mail your accident report request to:
SDPD Records Department MS #726
P.O. Box 121431
San Diego, CA 92112-1431
Important Items to Note About Obtaining Your Report:
- The San Diego Police Records Department does charge a fee for traffic accident reports. A report costs $12.00.
- If you request your traffic collision report online through the LexisNexis eCrash website, you must pay a convenience fee of $10.00 per report. You may retrieve your report through LexisNexis at any time (24/7) during the week.
- You should wait 3-10 days business days from the date of your accident to allow your report to be processed and approved for release by the San Diego PD.
- The San Diego Records Department may take up to 10 days to review your request.
- Your traffic accident report request will be reviewed for eligibility for release.
- You are required go in-person to the Records counter and present valid government issued identification when picking up your accident report. Payment is also due at this time.
- If you do not know your report number or have any other questions, you may contact the San Diego Police Records Department at at 619-531-2846.
Getting into a car accident can be scary, but a San Diego personal injury attorney can help you navigate through this difficult time. With over 40 combined years of experience and nearly $50 million recovered for our clients, we can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Call Levinson Law today at 760-642-5475 for a free consultation to review your case.