San Diego Burn Injury Truck Accident Lawyer
Have you suffered a burn injury in a San Diego truck accident? We can help you recover compensation.
Were you seriously injured in a truck accident? Did you suffer painful burn injuries? Are you stressing out about how you will pay for your treatment? Do you wonder if there is any way to hold the at-fault truck driver accountable?
If so, you need a law firm that can help you understand your options. The Levinson Law Group provides exceptional representation to people who are injured in truck accidents. Our team of San Diego truck accident lawyers is committed to helping clients get their lives back on track after a debilitating burn injury.
The Levinson Law Group can negotiate on your behalf with insurance companies to help you obtain vital financial support after a crash. Attorney Gordon Levinson has spent years working as an insurance defense lawyer. Now, he uses that insider knowledge to advocate on behalf of San Diego truck accident victims and hold negligent parties accountable.
How Burn Injuries Occur
Trucks make up a significant portion of motor vehicle accidents involving fires. According to the National Fire Protection Association, large trucks have a higher rate of fatalities per 1,000 fires than overall highway vehicle fires.
In 2019, around 223,000 vehicle fires resulted in 2,000 burn injuries—about 85 percent of those involved trucks, cars, and other highway vehicles. From 2013 to 2017, 79 percent of deaths from large truck fires occurred due to collisions.
Because truck accidents often involve leaking chemicals and fire, they can cause victims to suffer serious burn injuries. An explosion could result from a collision because of the truck’s punctured fuel tank, leaking fluid, flammable cargo or electrical system problems. Regardless of the source, truck fires often spread rapidly, creating a dangerous situation for accident victims.
Truck accident victims may suffer:
- Chemical burns from corrosive substances
- Thermal burns from hot objects and exposure to open flames
- Scalds from hot liquids or steam
- Electrical burns from shorted or severed wiring
- Inhalation burns from breathing smoke
Types of Burn Injuries
Burn injuries are painful and can also cause severe scarring. They typically require urgent medical attention, especially if the patient has difficulty breathing or the burn is deep and widespread.
Burn injuries can range from minor to life-threatening. They are classified based on the extent of damage to the skin. A San Diego truck accident may result in the following types of burn injuries:
- First-degree burn: The least serious burn injury in which the outer layer of the skin is affected. The victim may experience pain, minor inflammation, and redness. The injury may heal without extensive medical treatment.
- Second-degree burn: The top and second layers of skin are burned, causing blisters to develop. The victim is likely to experience excruciating pain, swelling, and potential scarring. Skin grafts may be necessary for severe injuries.
- Third-degree burn: One of the most severe types of burns, penetrating every layer of skin and possibly damaging fat, muscle, and bone. This type of burn can destroy nerves and cause numbness, scarring, and permanent tissue damage. Extensive medical treatment is required, including skin grafts and reconstructive surgery.
Pursuing Damages for Burn Injuries
Not only is recovering from burns a long and painful process, but such injuries have the potential to change your life if they result in permanent scarring or disfigurement. Depending on how severe your injuries are, you may have to undergo extensive hospitalization, expensive surgeries, and other medical procedures.
If a negligent truck driver or trucking company was responsible for your accident, you should not have to bear the burden of your resulting costs. At The Levinson Law Group, we help clients recover compensation for all their accident-related losses. Depending on the details of your case, you may be able to obtain the following damages through a San Diego truck accident lawsuit:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Scarring and disfigurement
- Pain and suffering
Contact The Levinson Law Group to Schedule a Free Consultation
If you or a family member sustained severe burn injuries because of someone else’s negligent actions, tell us what happened. We understand that taking legal action may be the last thing on your mind after a devastating truck accident. Let The Levinson Law Group handle everything, from investigating the crash scene to negotiating with insurance companies so that you can focus on your recovery process.
Our compassionate and experienced San Diego truck accident lawyers are ready to answer your questions. We will provide skilled representation should you decide to pursue compensation for your losses.
Call 760-512-8088 today to schedule a free consultation. We accept cases on a contingent fee. That means that if there is no recovery in your case, you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance the costs.