What To Do After A Car Accident In San Diego
Are you prepared for a car accident? Do you know what to do if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident? Do you know who to talk to after being involved in a car accident?
Car accidents happen far more frequently than many realize. Accidents can occur at any time and anywhere. While no one wants to be involved in a vehicle crash, it is good to know what to do in the aftermath of an auto accident.
Steps to Take After a Collision
- Stop your vehicle. Do not leave the scene of the accident for any reason.
- Move your vehicle to safety. If you feel your safety is compromised. Moving the car can help prevent another accident.
- Check for injuries. Check yourself and any passengers for injuries. If you can get out of your vehicle, try to check on the other drivers involved in the crash.
- Call 911. When the police arrive, ask to have the accident report written at the scene. If you cannot get a report written at the scene, your car accident attorney can get a copy.
- Exchange information with other drivers. Exchange insurance and contact information from all drivers involved in the collision.
- Get information from witnesses. Exchange contact information with any witnesses to the crash.
- Document the scene. Take multiple pictures of the accident, the final resting position of the cars in the crash, the damage to your vehicle and others, any road debris, condition of the road and other elements that may have caused the crash, such as a missing stop sign.
- Get medical attention. See a doctor as soon as you can to create a paper trail detailing the accident and injuries. Tell the doctor about all your injuries and pain. Some injuries do not show up immediately, so speaking with a doctor right away is essential. Follow every instruction from your doctor. Get a treatment plan that outlines your steps to recovery. It provides a diagnosis and is evidence that you were hurt in the collision.
- Keep detailed records. Keep receipts of single crash-related expense, from medical care to treatments, medications and therapies.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. Refuse to answer questions from any insurance adjuster.
- Reach out to The Levinson Law Group. Speak only with your attorney who deals with the insurance company for you.
Contact the Levinson Law Group Today
If you have questions about the recovery process, we can answer them. If you are not sure you want to bring a case against the other driver, we will not pressure you. We only want to make sure that you are informed and make the best decision for yourself and your family.
When you decide to work with The Levinson Law Group, you can rest assured that you will have someone in your corner throughout the entire process. We accept cases on a contingent fee. That means that if there is no recovery in your case, you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance the costs. To learn more about your options, call The Levinson Law Group at 760-827-1700.