11 Jan 2019,

Questions Your Car Accident Injury Lawyer Wants You to Ask Your Doctor

Have you been injured in a car crash? Are you worried about what will happen to you and to your family now that you are injured? Are you unsure what your next step is regarding medical treatment and legal representation? The car accident injury lawyer of The Levinson Law Group can help!

Your first priority is your health and the health of your loved ones if they were also injured in the car crash. Regardless of the severity of your injuries, it is always in your best interest to be checked out by a medical professional. You could be suffering from injuries that you may not be aware of such as a closed head injury or internal bleeding; therefore, seeking immediate medical attention is your first step following a car crash.

Another priority is protecting your legal right to receive compensation from the party that caused your injury. In order to do this, contact The Levinson Law Group to schedule a free consultation with an experienced car accident injury lawyer. Gordon R. Levinson used to represent some of the largest insurance companies in the country. He uses the knowledge and experience gained from working for these insurance companies to fight for injured and aggrieved people against the big insurance companies.

The Levinson Law Group accepts cases on a contingent fee. That means that if there is no recovery in your case you pay no fee. And in most cases, we even advance the costs. For your free consultation call (760) 642-5475 today.

Questions I Want You To Ask Your Doctor

In order to help you receive the best medical care possible and in order to help your car accident injury lawyer prepare a strong case for damages, below are some important questions to ask your medical provider during your treatment and recovery.

  • What experience do you have treating injuries like mine? In most cases, you want a physician who specializes in the treatment of specific medical conditions to ensure you receive the best possible medical care for your injuries. Your car accident injury lawyer may be able to give you some suggestions of specialists he has worked with in the past; however, it is very important that you check the credentials and experience of any medical provider you choose and that you are comfortable with this person as your physician.
  • Can I return to work? This is a common question many accident victims have because regardless of your injury, you need to continue earning money to pay the bills. However, it is very important that you do not aggravate your injury by returning to work too soon for both your overall health and your personal injury case. Take the time you need to recovery fully before returning to work.
  • What treatment plan do you recommend? Depending on your injury, your doctor may have several treatment options to choose from; therefore, you want to know the benefits and risks of each treatment plan and why your doctor has chosen to recommend one plan over the others. This also helps your car accident injury lawyer as he is developing a strategy for your accident case.
  • What is my prognosis? This is another very important question to ask all of your medical providers. You need to know this for yourself so you and your family can make plans for your care and support in the future if needed. Your car accident injury lawyer needs this information too. If you are not expected to recover fully from your injuries, you may be entitled to receive additional compensation for a permanent disability or medical condition.
  • Do you work with other medical professionals? It is very likely that you may have suffered multiple types of injuries in your accident. Therefore, you may need several doctors who specialize in various areas of treatment. For example, you may need an orthopedic surgeon, a plastic surgeon, and a physical therapist for a broken leg or arm that also involved severe trauma to the surface area of the limb. It is in your best interest if all of your physicians can work together to provide comprehensive treatment. In most cases, one physician (i.e. the surgeon) may take the lead and refer you to other medical providers he works with to provide additional medical care.